Wednesday 4 July 2012

My daughters Funeral..


Hannah's funeral was 12 days after the accident.  I arranged it all because I wanted to be in control and I needed to do it for Hannah.  I had one request for a piece of music from Hannah's Dad but the rest was me.

The day was a blur, I managed to read my tribute although I practiced this for hours, steeling myself not to cry.  Each time I practiced I got a little further down the reading until eventually I could just about hold it together long enough to finish it.  Hannah's Auntie's, Dad and form tutor read readings and tributes to her and the church was packed out with lots of people standing at the back.

I avoided eye contact with anybody on the way in and the way out, I focused on Ben and Phil, mainly Ben as I wanted him beside me at all costs.

The music we chose was "Sweet Child O Mine" the Taken by trees version has Hannah learnt this for me on the Piano and it seemed so apt.  We also had Bruno Mars, Just the way you are, a song by Adelle for Hannah's Dad.  The hymms were all things bright and beautiful and shine on me.

Hannah's friends all attended and came to the Rugby Club after, I was really happy that they were there but would have given everything I own to have Hannah there with them too.

My strength failed at home, I fell asleep crying on Hannah's Bed, woke up sobbed some more then pulled myself together, mainly for Phil and Ben.

I have made a promise to myself , to Hannah, Phil, Ben, Ryan and Lee that we will live our lives like Hannah would want us to, happy and together.  It might take a while for a true "happy" but we will get there.

Outside the church we released balloons with messages for Hannah.



No comments:

Post a Comment