Saturday 5 October 2013

Feeling decidedly positive!

Well.. after an unsurprisingly shit month I am feeling decidedly positive and can't believe the difference between how I feel at the moment to how I felt literally this time last month.  Dealing with losing Hannah is like a roller coaster ride at times.

A chance conversation at work has led to me signing up to a challenge to cycle 500km across Costa Rica in memory of my precious girl.  I feel so motivated about it, the training is immense and I am loving it already.  I can feel the weight literally dropping off me thank god because I have been piling it on, comfort eating.  The positive focus is reaching to other parts of my life too.  I love my job, my colleagues, my friends and my family. 

If Hannah was here I would have a perfect life, I'll never ever have a perfect life but I am slowly beginning to realise that I can actually still have a life, not exactly the one I wanted and I would never in a million years choose it but I can still do it, just different!

There have been other improvements too.  I have found that I am not forcing myself to go out, I actually want to go out and I'm enjoying it.  I mentioned Hannah's name at work (which I never do out of self preservation) and managed it without sobbing my heart out.  We had family over for Sunday Lunch which we haven't done since and it was nice.

Here is a link to my page for Hannah.

http://www.justgiving.com/Danielle-Jones9

No comments:

Post a Comment