Saturday 7 July 2012

New Addition....

After reading some different blogs, I read something somewhere (I can't find it now) about a lady who lost her only child and could not have any other children.  Obviously she was heart broken (understatement, but I am tired of finding the words) and she bought a puppy to see if it would help, that way instead of mixing with all her friends with children the same age as her daughter, she would mix with dog people instead.  This got me thinking. We are all heartbroken, my husband, my son, my whole entire family, would a puppy give us a little focus. 

I said I wanted a Puppy as a distraction, this is unfair because he is more than that, he is our new family member and loved very, very much.  We picked him up on 1st June from a breeder in Rhyl and brought him to his new home at 8 weeks old. 

This is Humphrey Thomas-Jones, named after a big teddy bear that has lived on Hannah's bed since she was tiny, the teddy bear was given to Hannah for Christmas off Grandad John.  Ben was always jealous of Hannah's teddy to the extent that Grandad bought him one years later to stop him moaning and pinching Hannah's that lives on his bed .  Humphrey (the bear) is still on Hannah's bed and he has soaked up many tears over the last two months. 


You can see Rory, our little old man dog in the background.  He is 15 years old and I am sure that he misses Hannah.  He seems to look for her sometimes and has even scratched at her bedroom door.  Hannah loved Rory, she loved most animals and was the only one in a house full of boys that was not scared of spiders.

Humphrey is 13 weeks old now, he is brilliant.  When we brought him home it was the time I saw Ben smile properly.  When I say properly I mean with his eyes as well as his mouth.  Phil says that I haven't smiled properly yet, not like before, I can't imagine ever smiling like that again although I do strive to. He also makes us laugh, again, not like before but to hear Ben and Phil laughing is good.

What I love about having Humphrey around is that he doesn't let you just sit there.  You can be sat on the sofa crying your eyes out and look over and he is chewing a wire or pinching socks from the washing basket, this means you have to get off your ass and sort him out, sorting him out means chasing him into the garden because I think he thinks "NO" or "LEAVE" means run into the garden as quick as you can.

1 comment:

  1. He's gorgeous.

    New life is very healing.

    I don't think I had what I would term "good days" as in whole good days for many months after C died. It comes back gradually though - suddenly one day, you notice you feel enthusiastic about something, or look forward to doing something. I have good days now. In fact it has reversed - I still get bad days, but they are notable, rather than the norm. Keep going x

    ReplyDelete