Wednesday 1 August 2012

Booking a Summer holiday.......

At first, going on holiday ever again seemed absolutely impossible.  The thought of going anywhere without Hannah was absolutely heart breaking,  There was just no way that we could ever do those things again.  Holidays were a big part of our lives.  It was what I worked so hard for, the holidays we have had have been brilliant from camping in a bog standard farmers field to Skiing in the Austrian Alps, it was only the last holiday we had that was absolutely shit.

Then after a couple of months had passed and the holiday we had originally planned to take with Hannah was looming, we decided that we would like a break and some sunshine but more importantly, our youngest son needed the break and a bit of normality (if that is what you call it). 

We weren't sure what to do because normally in the summer we would drive through France to Spain to my Brother in Law's villa, stopping when we were tired and throwing our tent up.  I wasn't sure if I could face the Villa and I certainly will never ever camp again but after a long chat we decided that Spain was like a home from home.  How could we possibly feel any worse than we did anyway, we might as well be warm and have a swimming pool and feel like crap, than be sat in rainy Manchester.

We invited my Sister, her Husband and my nephew along for the second week so the plan is my son is going to South Wales for the first week with Grandparents and Phil and I are flying to Spain to face the Villa on our own.  We will collect everyone from the airport in the second week (including my son who is flying with my sister) and we will take them to the fab places we have discovered as a family over the past 5 years. 

We will talk, laugh and cry about Hannah and remember all things she loved, how she could never dive into the pool and held her nose when she jumped in.  How she refused to go on the massive slide but loved the wide blue ones at the water park.  How she ordered a Turkey Baguette from the Baguette shop and me constantly telling her to pull her bikini bottoms up due to a builders bum.  How she did the walk like an Egyptian dance in the Irish bar and when the cat bit her finger at the Italian restaurant in the village.

We will miss her every second and I am dreading it but like Fiona said about her holiday, I am looking forward to getting it done and I know that I will enjoy some of it, it will also help my son hugely.

Hannah and Phil on the Ringo's on holiday August 2010



1 comment:

  1. I think it will do you good to get away. I know that my best therapy has come from watching my daughter have fun and laugh.x

    ReplyDelete