Thursday 12 July 2012

Missing his Big Sis...

Hannah's little brother Ben should have been joining Hannah this September at High School.  Hannah should have been going into Year 10 and had just confirmed her options.  She was taking History, French, RE and Media Studies and was predicted to be an A* pupil.  It is so sad that she won't be there with him.  Ben has been to his induction days where Hannah's friends have looked out for him (I am not sure how embarrassing this was for him, Hannah would have embarrassed him though anyway so it doesn't really matter!!) 

It was tough going to the High School to collect Ben and seeing all the children in the High School Uniforms.  A few parents of Hannah's friends that I didn't know very well came over to say how sorry they were.  I was touched by this because they didn't have to, then I realised that Hannah has been to their houses like their children had been to ours.  she was so polite and lovely, a genuine credit to us so I am not surprised parents came over, after all their children have lost a fantastic friend.  

Whilst Ben was at High school, to stop myself from thinking too much, I decided to dig around the house.  I've been through every cupboard and drawers trying to frantically find photo's, cards, pictures, anything related to Hannah that might help me remember something I haven't thought about yet, anything that will give me another happy memory to add to my book.

Under my bed I found all her work from Nursery and books from Primary School, I found cards with "I love you Mummy from Hannah", "I love you Phil", I found pictures that she had drawn of Phil, Me, Hannah and Ben.  Stick men pictures that make your heart just break.  I then came across Ben's school report from Year 2 when he joined Hannah in Junior school in Year 3.  The school report has a section where you can write what you are looking forward too and Ben has put "Seeing my big Sister Hannah".  Another heart breaking moment.

I also came across Hannah's last report from primary.  Hannah and Ben used to compare reports (very competitive!!) to see who was best and Ben always pipped her at the post, this year however I had a look at Ben's latest report and compared it to Hannah's year 6 report (that I found covered in dust under my bed).  Hannah's was better so she finally won!! She would have laughed because Ben got a C in singing and dancing whereas she got A's.






No comments:

Post a Comment