Tuesday 17 July 2012

Tip toeing on thin ice........

I have found it difficult to keep going this week.  I feel like I am walking on thin ice, sometimes I can tip toe along and I am okay but when the ice breaks I am sent plummeting down into a dark, ice cold depth that is so so difficult to swim out of.

When I am swimming around in these dark waters I try and think of the times where I have been tip toeing along, I think that if I can just keep swimming then eventually I will reach the top and get my breath back.  I can then climb out and continue my tip toe, tip toe along.

We have had lovely family staying with us this weekend which was nice.  Normally when they stay with us, they have Hannah's room and Hannah stays with Ben in his room.  This time Hannah's room was out of bounds so we juggled it around a bit.  The difficulty with this was that Hannah loved giving her room up for the weekend, she was really proud of her room and loved sharing it, especially with our family.  She also loved sharing with Ben (sometimes) and I used to tell them off because they never stopped talking.

We went bowling (which Hannah loved) ten of us in total, which was good although at times I felt I was watching everybody else including myself from somewhere else.  I mentioned this to my husband and he agreed with me.  After bowling we had lunch in a pub that was local to us.  Big Mistake, we have not been there without Hannah but everybody had already sat down in the conservatory where we always used to sit.  I arrived after everybody else and had to go back out and compose myself in the car.

We all ordered our food, (Hannah would have had Brewers Chicken).  I picked at mine, got the bill and went home.  

Bowling partners minus Hannah Banana and Aunty Ang behind the camera!





3 comments:

  1. Hi - your post reminded me of this, which I blogged 6 months after Catherine died. http://susansobspot.blogspot.fr/2010/10/big-country.html

    It is hard - but you are doing better than your realise to tackle stuff like this. So easy to hide under a duvet. Keep going xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your encouragement and support Susan. It is similar, especially the food bit! I always look for things she would have liked whether food or clothes etc. I've even bought a pair of converse pumps I live in that matched hers! Not sure how impressed she would be about that!! Xx

      Delete
    2. I think all bereaved parents do that. Buying things for Catherine was such a big part of my life before she died. Afterwards, it was just another aspect of my awful loss. I suddenly started buying myself pink clothes!! I am definitely didn't do that before. For the first few months, I wore this fluffy pink fleece everywhere. When I went back to work after 4 months, I brough it with me in a carrier bag. I know it sounds kind of crazy, but it helped.

      I'm always amazed at how common my "weird" responses were. It will get easier to cope as time passes by. Just concentrate on getting trhough the days and weeks x

      Delete