Thursday 6 December 2012

Perfect Day..,

This was the title of the song that was number one the day Hannah was born. It was the Children in need single rather than the Lou Reed version but I listen to the Lou Reed version more often.

I love this song because it was a perfect day when she was born. A short 7 hour labour followed by an easy delivery and she was here, all 6 pound 61/2 of her. She was born at 9.50pm also known as cowboy time according to proud Granddad John (10 to 10).

The song mentions drinking Sangria in the park. Obviously Hannah didn't drink Sangria on the park but she did try it in a Chinese restaurant in Spain. She also served us our Sangria on the beach when we went to watch a fabulous Fiesta where the kids received Melons, flowers and all types of fruit from the various floats that rode past.

Feed animals in the Zoo. We fed giraffes and camels and Han nearly jumped out of her skin when the giraffe bent over to sniff her! They then swam with Sea Lions who gave big smackers kisses out that virtually pushed Hannah across the swimming pool!

A movie too. We loved the cinema, one of my most vivid memories was of being stood with a young Han waiting for Ben and Phil to buy the tickets. Ben flew from nowhere and rugby tackled Hannah to the floor in the foyer! He took us by such surprise that I burst out laughing and Han sat there looking slightly annoyed waiting for the moment she could get her little brother back!

And then home. Home sweet home, once full of fun and laughter. Of board games and baking. Of reading and dancing. Of Nintendo Wii and mini arguments and bickering. Full of the smell of perfume and body spray. Waiting for ages for the bathroom! Hunting down my hair straighteners and hair dryer. The sound of the piano and the piano pedal banging on the floor.

Those were perfect days, and I am glad I spent them with Hannah and I often sing this song loudly (maybe slightly out of tune) in my car, at the top of my voice, crying.

Now it feels like silence and it surrounds me....and I hate.

1 comment: